Friday, April 3, 2009

Wake Me When It's Over

Let's see if I've got this right:

1. The President fires the CEO of GM (referred to from here on out as "Government Motors"), but promises the government will honor all warranties.

2. The President, 2 teleprompters, and an entourage of 500 go overseas to the G-20 summit.

3. Meeting with the QUEEN OF ENGLAND, Michelle-My-Belle Obama not only refuses to curtsy, but actually puts her arm around the queen???

4. This (see number 2 above) occurs shortly before giving the queen an extra-special gift (an I-Pod).

5. Meanwhile, The Big O almost bumps his head on the floor bowing to the King of Saudi Arabia (not reciprocated, I might add).

6. Obama spends most of his time blaming the economic woes of the world on United States greed, much in the same manner Secretary Clinton blames the U.S. for Mexico's civil war (if only we would quit sending them guns and buying their drugs).

7. Obama commits to $250 billion in funds (out of $1.1 trillion) to the IMF (International Monetary Fund).

8. Meanwhile, back at the ranch (the cesspool known as Washington D.C.), both the House and the Senate pass different versions of a $3.6 trillion budget.

9. Oh, I forgot to mention, the "moderate Taliban" has made it clear that they want no part of peaceful talks with the U.S. (there's a shocker). "Get out of Iraq and Afghanistan, you infidels."

10. Last, but not least, North Korea is about to test-launch a potential ICBM, thumbing their nose at the international community and all of the "dire warnings" from our current administration (another shocker).

Please don't tell me what I am missing. This is all my heart and mind can take at the moment. Two images come to mind:

1. Remember in The Wizard of Oz when Toto pulled the curtain back and revealed the little guy pulling levers and pushing buttons? This bears an uncanny resemblance to the Obama administration.

2. I love the part at the end where Dorothy learns that all she has to do is click her heels 3 times and keep repeating "there's no place like home, there's no place like home".

O.K., I've seen the man behind the curtain, and he is no wizard (wizard of lies, maybe). I've also tried the heel-clicking (I say "there's no place like America, there's no place like America". Apparently I bought my slippers from the same snake-oil salesman the Jack purchased the magic beans from, because it's not working!

I see the leaders of the world walking behind Obama snickering because someone slapped a sign on his back (maybe the King of Saudi Arabia) the reads "kick me, I am gay". The problem is, even Obama's buddies won't tell him the sign is there - it's just too damn funny. And there is North Korea, getting ready to kick (along with Iran, Russia and others).

Up until just a couple of months ago, I would have said "call your elected officials, they work for us: they have to listen", but now I'm not so sure. Rome is burning, and they are dancing around, fiddling away. In fact, I believe they are dousing the fire with gas. At least they are going on a two week vacation (at our expense), limiting the damage they can do. Every cloud has a silver lining.

I have come to the conclusion that I must be dreaming. I am watching the Office of The Teleprompter of The United States and his radical, left-wing counterparts in Congress run the Constitution through the paper shredder, presumably to make room for all of the new money printing that needs to be done. "I've still got checks left, I can't be out of money". Scary. "Constitution, we don't need no stinking Constitution!" That's just an old, outdated document written for a different time and place. Heck, Al Gore hadn't even invented the Internet when that old rag was written.

What to do? You got me on that one. I am going to a tea party on April 15Th, but not really sure how much good it will do. I am not sure how much good anything will do at this point. Writing these posts helps a little. I can laugh to keep from crying.

Mostly, I feel sorry for our troops. They are putting their lives on the line everyday, for what? So Dick Durbin and John Kerry can accuse them of killing innocent civilians in cold blood? These and other politicians like them are the lowest form of human life in the political world.

Meanwhile, I will try not to snore too loud, so as not to wake the rest of you. I will continue the heel-clicking exersise, and yes, I will continue to contact these goof-balls in Congress.

There's no place like America, there's no place like America.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Another sign of the times that B.O. is not ready for prime time. He is still in campaign mode with his "Yes we can" BS. Freedom of speech is one thing, but to put down your own country while on foreign soil to appease the Euros is unforgiveable. Can anyone say "Dixie Chicks?" We need to prepare ourselves for the fall this country is going to take under BO's inadequate leadership. He is a pathological narcissus that will only cause harm to our constitution.